The assailant attacked a couple around 9:45 p.m. on Saturday near the Eiffel Tower, causing the man to die, and then attacked at least two other tourists with a hammer before being arrested, Xinhua news agency reported.
During a press briefing on-site, French Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin said the suspect, a 26-year-old French man, had been sentenced in 2016 to four years in prison.
The French national anti-terrorism prosecutor’s office said that it is in charge of the investigation.
“We will not give in to terrorism,” French Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne said on X.
–Ajit Weekly News
News Credits – I A N S