Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Friday extended the restrictions in view of the Covid-19 pandemic for one more week till July 12 with uniform relaxations in all districts from July 5.
As per the order issued by the state government, the shops and activities, which were allowed till 7 p.m., shall be operated till 8 p.m.
Besides, the hotels and tea shops can function with 50 percent customers.
ALSO READ | Tamil Nadu: Unexpected Rise In Covid Cases In 15 Districts May Push Govt To Implement Stricter Measures
The order added that intra-district and inter-district public transport will be allowed with 50 percent seating capacity.
Here Are Revised Guidelines. Check What’s Open, What’s Shut:
- As per the revised guidelines, E-pass not needed inter district travel
- E-pass needed to go to other districts
- Cinema theatres, bars, swimming pools, social and political meetings, entertainment, sports and cultural events, schools, colleges, and zoological parks to remain closed
- Hotels, restaurants, bakeries and lodging houses to work between 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tea shops permitted with 50% seating capacity
- Gyms, sports and dine in areas permitted with Covid protocols
- IT / ITES allowed with 50% work force
- Museum, archaeological monuments and excavation sites allowed between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Tasmac opened between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- All places of worship allowed following Covid norms
- Textile and jewellery showrooms opened with 50% customers
- Shopping complexes and malls opened between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dine in areas can have 50% capacity
- Entertainment and amusement parks allowed with 50% customers at a time
- 50 persons allowed in marriages and 20 persons allowed in funeral
This comes as Tamil Nadu witnessed a decline in fresh Covid-19 cases but 15 districts reported a slight increase.